We're pleased to offer the following services at Clareview Casselman Pet Clinic:
Our appointment book is computerised, which allows us to efficiently make appointments for you and your pet. Our receptionists and team will attempt to accommodate all requests to the best of our ability. Emergencies are accepted anytime our clinic is open. If you feel you have an emergency with your pet, please call us or come in immediately. If possible it is best to call before coming in so that a staff member can advise you on your particular emergency.
Our DVM do a tip of nose to tail exam which took minimum 30 minutes. DVM will explain their findings from physical exam and will help you in further actions. Annual physical exams for our companions help us to take precautions, prolong their life and improve their quality of life.
1. Wellness Exam & Vaccinations: Annual wellness exam and preventive care (Vaccinations) are the key in the health care of our companions. Prevention costs you less than treatment. Regular deworming and tick/flea protection also included in an annual wellness plan and preventive care. Dog vaccines include DAPP (Distemper, Parvo, Adeno & Para Influenza), Kennel Cough and Rabies. Cats have FRCP and Leukemia vaccine in addition to Rabies.
2. Illness Treatment/Hospitalisation: Early diagnosis and treatment is very important because it will reduce suffering and bring more comfort for your companion. Contact us immediately if your pet has any symptoms.
3. Spay/Neuter Surgery: We do spay and neuter surgery for dogs, cats and rabbits. The cost includes pre surgery exam, anesthesia, surgery, microchip and 24 hour pain meds. 2-3 days worth of pain meds to go home is mandatory. Intravenous fluids and pre anesthetic blood work is optional but recommended.
4. Soft Tissue Surgery: We do cystotomy (Urinary Bladder Surgery), intestinal surgery for foreign body removal, laceration repair, biopsy and lump removal, abscess lancing and flushing, animal bite wounds, dewclaw removal, front declaw for cats, tail docking and amputation.
5. Dental Cleaning: Periodontal diseases are very common in pets. Early attention to dental diseases and gingivitis saves money, time and brings early comfort for your pets. Some breeds of dogs are very prone to dental disease and they need annual dental exams and dental prophylaxis. Early attention to dental diseases help our pets eat good, avoid pain and also can delay dental extractions. We don't have an in clinic dental x ray. We do dental extractions.
6. In Clinic Laboratory: We do blood work, urinalysis, ear cytology, thyroid check up, fecal analysis, skin scrapping, impression smears, glucose curve, spot glucose check, snap test for parvovirus and feline leukemia.
7. Radiology: We have an in clinic x ray machine with an automatic processor. We can check for fractures, organ enlargement, foreign body obstructions, arthritis, bone tumors and hip diseases.
8. Pet Foods/Nutritional Consult: Right and quality assured nutrition help pets live longer in a comfort zone. We carry prescription diets and life stage pet food from Hills, Purina and Medical Royal Canin. The food we carry are price competitive and quality assured.
9. Microchip: A microchip is a permanent identification implanted in pets and it helps reunite lost pets with their parents. We don't do any tattoo now a days because they fade away over the time.
10. Supplements/OTC items: We carry glucosamine/chondrotin supplements, Omega 3, pet tooth pastes/ brush, dental treats and other treats, water additives, hypoallergenic treats, shampoos, feliway sprays, DAP sprays and glucometer calibrated for dogs/cats.
11. Allergy Testing: Some pets are allergic to food and the environment. Allergy testing helps to detect the etiology and to plan the treatment. We do hypo sensitization treatments.
12. Euthanasia & Cremation: Saying good bye to your beloved pets is very hard and heart breaking. It brings stress to clients, families, veterinarian and staff involved. We do it in the most professional way to reduce the stress levels of each one involved. We also do cremation services. We have special option to do a private cremation to get the ashes back. The client can go for scatter box, urns, wooden box and pear tree paw prints.
Types of Pets Seen
- Pocket Pets*
*Select veterinarians only. Call us for more information.